A Play Day allows kids to compete with players of similar age and skill level. The action will keep moving in quick matches and so will your child. With the emphasis on fun, kids gain both confidence and play experience in a low-pressure environment with friends.
- Modified serving for less experienced players
- Low pressure, non-elimination formats
- Organized by level or flights
- Rotate and play multiple opponents in short, continuous matches
- Play format can vary and include team play
- Provides a fun atmosphere with refreshments, prizes and awards
- Includes a Parent Orientation
- Can be organized by schools, parks, youth centers, colleges, and tennis facilities
- USTA Membership is encouraged but not required
- Good opportunity to promote other programs (e.g., USTA Jr. Team Tennis, USTA Junior Tournaments, etc.)
Parents, ask your child’s coach or tennis teacher how you can help organize a Tennis Play Day.