USTA Jr. Team Tennis
USTA Jr. Team Tennis is competition in a team setting. Kids play together on junior tennis teams competing in singles, doubles and mixed doubles against other teams of similar ability. Kids develop a sense of their individual contribution, as well as team camaraderie. Jr. Team Tennis promotes social skills and important values by fostering a spirit of cooperation and unity, as well as self-growth. Also, it’s a fun environment for kids to learn that, whether they win or lose, succeeding is really more about how they play the game.
- Junior tennis offers team play for kids ages 5-18
- After registering, kids are immediately placed on teams and organized based on age and play level
- Teams are preferably co-ed but can be single gender (boys only or girls only)
- Round robin and non-elimination formats are used to maximize participation and match experience
- USTA Membership is required